Affordable, comprehensive health coverage for COABC members
As a member of the COABC you are eligible for a Group Benefits Plan! We've researched all of the available options and have found the best prices and coverage for our members, including life insurance, dental care and extended health care (vision, prescriptions, medical aids & equipment, professional services such as massage and physiotherapy, and more). View the links and FAQs below for all the details.
There are 2 kinds of plans:
Ready to Apply? Start Here:
Are you applying as an employer or employee?
You will also need to complete a PAD form:
- We don't have any employees. It's only us, the owners, who work here. Are we eligible for the Benefits Plan?
- Yes! Check out the Entrepreneur Plan. The idea of creating the COABC group benefits plan came from the expressed interest of family operations that wanted health benefits but found them unaffordable. By creating a COABC plan, we are able to leverage a large number of members, which translates into a lower cost plan for all participants.
- What's the difference between Couple and Family coverage, and how do I indicate it in the paperwork?
- The difference between the two would depend on whether or not the applicant has dependent children (under the age of 18) that would be covered under the plan. In order to make this notation please complete the ICBA Employee Enrolment Form and check family coverage in section #3. If section #6, "dependent children details", is not applicable, then you will automatically fall into the couple's pricing.
- For health coverage, "reimbursement" is mentioned. So, do we pay upfront for health services and then somehow get reimbursed later?
- Some practitioners are set up to bill your plan directly, so you don’t pay out of pocket. However, if the practitioner is not set up for direct billing, then you will need to pay upfront and submit an online reimbursement form to get the money back. This takes no time at all as Members will have a user-friendly mobile app.
- Is the Paramedical Annual Maximum limit combined for all benefits?
- No, the annual maximum is per paramedical services. In other words, under the silver and gold level coverage it would be $500 for massages, $500 for physiotherapy, and so on.
- Can I join any time?
- Absolutely! The plan was started in 2017, but nevertheless, members can still enroll at any time.