Canadian Organic Regime - COR
of June 30, 2009, the Canadian Organic
Products Regulations require mandatory certification to the revised
National Organic Standard for agricultural products represented as organic
in international and inter-provincial trade, or that bear the federal organic
agricultural product legend (or federal logo). Complete details about
the Organic Regime can be found on CFIA’s Organic
CFIA & COO
CVBs & CBs
The COO has designated a handful of Conformity
Verification Bodies (CVB) including the COABC to accredit Certification
Bodies (CBs) who can certify organic products under the Organic Products
OTHER CRITICAL BITS
- A Stream of Commerce and Enforcement Policy is in place to support trade during the two- year phase in period.
- A US/Canada Import/Export Agreement has been signed to facilitate organic trade between these two trading partners; the details of the agreement can be found at the above link.
- Refer to the Organic Products Regulation Question and Answer section for further details.
- COO Complaint Form for inter provincially traded products. These complaints are to be directed to the Canada Organic Office directly OPR.RPB@inspection.gc.ca.
- A US/Canada Import/Export Agreement has been signed to facilitate organic trade between these two trading partners; the details of the agreement can be found here at this link.
ORGANIC LABELING CRITERIA
Click here for an overview of labeling criteria for certified organic products. Document under review